I experienced this after upgrading to a 5.0.1 snapshot and was about to follow
up a response to Maxim. Not at a computer at the moment but I experienced
exactly the same. I  am using Ubuntu 18.04 on AWS with 8 gigs ram. When SSH’ing
to my server (with only one user logged in (me) I noticed RAM usage was 98%...

I downgraded to OM 5 M4 and everything is fine again (but lack the advantages
of the snapshot upgrade)... RAM usage dropped a lot also... a lot!

Will take some time to compare tomcat3 and tomcat4 on startup, folder
permissions and differences between OM 5 M4 and recent snapshot.

All the best,

Denis.

Sent from my iPhone