On 07/14/2015 04:14 AM, Norman Rieß wrote:
>> This is a milestone release for ownCloud in terms of polishing, speed and
>> quality.
>
> I am sorry, but this is not.
> After upgrading manually because the new version was not shown in the
> update center, core applications where deactivated again. I found
> contacts and calendar as experimental with a red label... these are core
> features.

I experienced the same. But I failed to notice until users suddenly lost
all their contacts on their phones!! Good thing I have backups!

> Activating calendar worked, contacts did not and just gave me some
> unhelpfull failed message instead of telling me what went wrong. After
> that no app was shown at all. Clicking activated, not activated or any
> of the other sections gave "no applications found".
> Relogging brought up the upgradescreen an maintenance mode again.
> After that contacts installed fine but the "no applications found" game
> began again.
> I had to do this three times till all the apps where back.

I didn't nearly have it this bad. Yes, they were (and are) listed as
experimental and after I did the installation owncloud just hung till I
refreshed the page where it took me to the installation page. After that
they worked.

> And then i saw contacts and calendar in the productivity section in the
> same version marked as stable with an activate button, which gave a
> "directory allready exist message". So i have an activated calendar and
> not activated calendar app with the same version number.

Yup! Same here.

> I get some installation messages about caching and security telling me
> to install some more packages and alter sysconfig.
> Isn´t this supposed to be throwable at any php hoster and be done with it?

I actually appreciated this. The advice it had given me was actually
useful. I tweaked a few settings to improve security and haven't had a
problem.

> But never mind, just needed to tell.

Glad you did. I thought I had just done something to my install! I am
sorry that others had the same problem, but glad it isn't just me having
these issues.

~Stack~