I believe the message 'extraction error' is a bit misleading.
What really happened is, it could not find the file at all.

https://attic.owncloud.com/org/community/owncloud-8.2.11.zip  was sitting in an
/8.2/ subfolder, and
https://attic.owncloud.com/org/community/owncloud-8.2.11.tar.bz2  was available
instead. Not sure why that installer wants it the other way around.
I've made the zip file available under the exepected URL now.

Please try again!
cheers, JW-