Hi,

version 2.9 of Android app only supports server version 9.x and newer. I
encourage you to upgrade your server version. Keeping software up to
date is crucial for file integrity and security – if software is
outdated, there can be unfixed bugs. That’s why you should always
upgrade your software when there is a new version.

If you have any question or problem about it, check it in the open forum
or post there whatever you need: https://central.owncloud.org/

If you don’t have the option to upgrade your server, you can get the
2.8.0 version (the latest Android version that supports old server
versions) from F-Droid. To get it, follow these steps:

1. Install the F-droid appstore from http://f-droid.org
2. In F-droid app, tap on “Settings”, placed in the bottom bar.
3. Tap on “Repositories”
4. Enable the option “F-Droid Archive”
using the lens icon on the floating button
6. Scroll down, and in “versions”, get the 2.8.0 version

No guarantee that 2.8.0 specifically works with ownCloud 7 though -
haven't tried it myself.

Let us know if you have any problem or suggestion.

Best Regards,

Emil