Hello everyone,

we're running several instances of OwnCloud 10.1, here are the instance
informations:

# occ status
  - installed: true
  - first_install_version: 10.0.10.4
  - version: 10.1.0.4
  - versionstring: 10.1.0
  - edition: Community

Our stack is:

* NGinx

* PHP 7.2 with OPcache and APCu

* MySQL 5.7

* Redis

smaple of config.php:

  'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'port' => 6379,
  ),
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',

* Apps are in a tmpfs to improve speed.

* The whole OwnCloud installation is set in an ISO, only the data is
shared in a NFS.

After further reading of the OwnCloud Server Tuning documentation
(https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/configuration/server/oc_server_tuning.html)
we applied everything, we still can't get something fast enough.

Tests have been run on gtmetrix on the root page (example
https://test.com which redirect to /index.php/login ) :
https://imgur.com/a/1Ehe0Pp

After some analysis:

- TTFB is very high even though the loaded page is the login page:

Protocol: HTTP/2
Request ID: 4C8E7F5A2AF185C0F29417F40C54F5C3
Client Port: 37194
Request Start: 0.177 s
DNS Lookup: 42 ms
Initial Connection: 40 ms
SSL Negotiation: 61 ms
Time to First Byte: 1240 ms
Content Download: 0 ms
Bytes In (downloaded): 0 B
Bytes Out (uploaded): 0.4 KB

There it's 1,2s for the TTFB only to redirect.

- Some assets are blocked due to TCP browser limitations
- JS and CSS are not all minified nor are they concatenated

Our concern is to:

- lower the TTFB
- lower the number of requests
- minify and concatenate JS and CSS
- use other domain names to improve WebBrowser speed such as
name1.test.com, name2.test.com and so on

There used to be a parameter to "aggregate and compress" assets:

<?php
  $CONFIG = array (
    'asset-pipeline.enabled' => true,
  );

=>
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/js_css_asset_management_configuration.html

Is it possible to do it on our own without having integrity check issues ?

What are your modifications to improve the speed of your OwnClouds ?

Thanks.

--

Cordialement,

<http://www.cognix-systems.com/>

Florian LELEU
Administrateur Systèmes Linux, Cognix Systems

*Rennes* | Brest | Saint-Malo | Paris
florian.le...@cognix-systems.com <mailto:florian.le...@cognix-systems.com>

Tél. : 02 30 96 34 40

Facebook Cognix Systems <https://www.facebook.com/cognix.systems/>