This is the final version of what I had to put into my pom.xml to make the
driver work against hadoop-1.2.1...I think the jars on maven central are
built against hadoop2, so it would be REALLY nice to publish both flavours
in the next release..at first I tried compiling phoenix 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT
(against hadoop-1, the default version) and things were much easier (apart
from the fact that I had to change the property  hadoop-one.version to
1.2.1 in the main pom otherwise there were conflicts again..).

                 <dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.phoenix</groupId>
<artifactId>phoenix-core</artifactId>
<version>4.1.0</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-testing-util</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-hadoop2-compat</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-hadoop-compat</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-client</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-server</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-common</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hbase-protocol</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>hadoop-common</artifactId>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-mapreduce-client-core</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-annotations</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.apache.phoenix</groupId>
<artifactId>phoenix-hadoop2-compat</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>