From: Mujtaba Chohan [mailto:mujt...@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 7:21 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update statistics made query 2-3x slower

Hi Constantin,
This in useful info. Just to clarify slowdown that you see after update
statistics case, was the update statistics executed after initial data load or
after you upserted it again?

2. How many regions/region servers (RS) did the data end up on?
3. 30/60 seconds for count(*) seems really high. Do you see lots of disk I/O
during your count query? How wide are your rows and how much memory is
available on your RS/HBase heap?

3. Can you also send output of explain select count(*) from tablex for this
case?

Thanks,
Mujtaba

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Ciureanu, Constantin (GfK)