I've been facing this issue for a long time, so i'm pretty sure a major
compaction already occured.
Running your query returns 27006.

I have run update statistics on my table, this didn't solve my problem. But
if i understand well, these guideposts are used to parallelize scan over a
region, not between regions of a same regionserver, aren't they ?