Hi,

The phoenix-spark integration is a thin wrapper around the
phoenix-mapreduce integration, which under the hood just uses Phoenix's
'UPSERT' functionality for saving. As far as I know, there's no provisions
for checkAndPut functionality there, so if you require it, I suggest
sticking to the HBase API for now.

Re: timestamp, the phoenix-spark API only supports using the native Phoenix
time formats, i.e. DATE, TIMESTAMP.

Good luck,

Josh