Hey Nick,

I think this used to work, and will again once PHOENIX-2503 gets resolved.
With the Spark DataFrame support, all the necessary glue is there for
Phoenix and pyspark to play nice. With that client JAR (or by overriding
the com.fasterxml.jackson JARS), you can do something like:

df = sqlContext.read \
  .format("org.apache.phoenix.spark") \
  .option("table", "TABLE1") \
  .option("zkUrl", "localhost:63512") \
  .load()

And

df.write \
  .format("org.apache.phoenix.spark") \
  .mode("overwrite") \
  .option("table", "TABLE1") \
  .option("zkUrl", "localhost:63512") \
  .save()

Yes, this should be added to the documentation. I hadn't actually tried
this till just now. :)