I have a table with many dynamic fields.  Works great.  However, it's a bit
of a nuisance to have to supply each dynamic field's type in every query.

Example:
select "dynamic_field" from MY_TABLE("dynamic_field" varchar)

This example is not too bad, but image it with 5+ dynamic fields being
used.  The select statement becomes very verbose.

I understand the reason behind requiring the field type of each dynamic
field.  But I was wondering if there is a way to define a view that manages
the dynamic field types so that I could do something like this:

create MY_VIEW as select * from MY_TABLE("dynamic_field" varchar)
-- invalid syntax; pseudo code of what I wish I could do.

select "dynamic_field" from MY_VIEW

Should I create a JIRA for a new feature?  Or is this fundamentally not
possible?

Thanks,
    Steve