After further investigation, we found that Phoenix Upsert query
SYSTEM.CATALOG has IS_ROW_TIMESTAMP column, but PTableImpl.getColumn() is
failing with error:"Undefined column. columnName=IS_ROW_TIMESTAMP" . Does
this mean that PTableImpl is reading from cached entity of  SYSTEM.CATALOG
 before 4.6 upgrade?"

We do see that clearCache() is being called for 4.7, and 4.7 upgrades from
ConnectionQueryServicesImpl class, but not for 4.6

Thanks,
Arun