Sure, Steve. Let's say you have a base table you define for your JSON
object like this:

-- Create sequence that doles out IDs when a new JSON type
-- is processed
CREATE SEQUENCE JSON_ID_SEQ;

-- Create base table for JSON
CREATE TABLE json (json_id BIGINT PRIMARY KEY,
    created_date DATE
    raw_json VARCHAR)
    APPEND_ONLY_SCHEMA = true,
    AUTO_PARTITION_SEQ = 'JSON_ID_SEQ';

Then as each json object is processed, you'd pull out the object name/type
from the message, each field (as you're doing now), and dynamically create
a view with the fields  as columns:

CREATE VIEW IF NOT EXISTS <json_type_name> (
    <field 1> <field 1 type>, ...)
    AS SELECT * FROM json
    APPEND_ONLY_SCHEMA = true;

This would then assign a json_id when a new json_type_name is encountered
and otherwise add any new columns to the json_type_name VIEW. By declaring
it as APPEND_ONLY_SCHEMA we can optimize the RPC traffic by doing no RPCs
if all field names are already know by the metadata cached on the client,
and otherwise doing a single RPC to create or alter the view with any new
field names.

The nice thing about this too is that the metadata is introspectable
through the standard JDBC metadata APIs - you can look up the fields and
their types based on the <json_type_name>.

Note that the APPEND_ONLY_SCHEMA and AUTO_PARTITION_SEQ and 4.8 features,
but you can do the same pre-4.8 with a few more RPCs by catching the
TableAlreadyExistsException and adding each field through ALTER VIEW calls.

This is how we've modeled time-series data in support of Argus[1], not as
JSON in this case, but as tags and a metric value.

HTH.  Thanks,
James

[1] https://github.com/SalesforceEng/Argus