Hi Simon,

I still don't understand the use case completely. Also, did you know
Phoenix has Hive integration now (as of 4.8)? Would it be possible for you
to try using that? My initial impression is that you're dipping down to to
low of a level here, using may non public APIs which may change in
incompatible ways in future releases.

Thanks,
James