From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.el...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:43 PM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Exception connection to a server with pheonix 4.7 installed

Hi Xindian,

A couple of initial things that come to mind...

* Make sure that you're using HDP "bits" (jars) everywhere to remove any
possibility that there's an issue between what Hortonworks ships and what's in
Apache.
* Make sure that your Java application/Spark job has the correct hbase-site.xml
on the classpath. Both of these require effort on your part to make sure that
the runtime has them.