Hi Antonio,
Reading the whole table is not a good use-case for Phoenix / HBase or any
You should never ever store the whole content read from DB / disk into
memory, that's definitely wrong.
Spark doesn't do that by itself, no matter what "they" told you that it's
going to do in order to be faster bla bla. Review your algorithm and see
what's to improve, After all, I hope you just use collect() so the OOM is
on the driver (that's easier to fix, :p by not using it).
Back to the OOM: After reading an RDD you can shuffle yourself /
repartition in any number of partitions easily (but that sends data through
network so it's expensive):
I recommend to read this plus a few articles on Spark best practices.

Kind regards,

În Joi, 13 oct. 2016, 18:16 Antonio Murgia, <antonio.mur...@eng.it> a scris: