Hi All,

I am facing an issue while working with secondary indexes on a Phoenix
view/table that is created on top of an existing Hbase table.

I basically have an existing Hbase table with a few rows and I then build a
Phoenix view on this table. This works fine and any updates directly to the
Hbase table are reflected in the Phoenix view. Now the problem arises the
moment I create a secondary index on the phoenix table and then update the
underlying Hbase table. I dont see the updates being reflected in either of
the Phoenix tables ie the original one and the indexed one.

Is this behavior or am I missing something?

Also is it a good idea to have such a design where we update the Hbase
table directly with a Phoenix table/view created on top of it? We had to
choose this design due to the backup/snapshot features Hbase provides. I
could not find any such mechanism in Phoenix so not sure what the best
approach is here.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Udit