Tulasi,

Any property which you can provide in the `Properties` object when instantiating the PhoenixDriver (outside of PQS), you can pass into PQS via the same `Properties` object when instantiating the thin Driver.

The OpenConnectionRequest[1] is the RPC mechanism which passes along this information.

- Josh

[1] http://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/protobuf_reference.html#openconnectionrequest

Tulasi Paradarami wrote:
Could someone clarify how this property is used by Phoenix:
phoenix.connection.consistency
If I set it in hbase-site.xml, does phoenix utilize it for every query
(even queries from PQS)?

It's not documented on the website but it's defined in QueryServices.java:
// consistency configuration setting
public static final String CONSISTENCY_ATTRIB =
"phoenix.connection.consistency";

And used in PhoenixConnection.java
this.consistency = JDBCUtil.getConsistencyLevel(url, this.info
<http://this.info>,
this.services.getProps().get("phoenix.connection.consistency",
QueryServicesOptions.DEFAULT_CONSISTENCY_LEVEL));

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Tulasi Paradarami