Hi,

I run a phoenix(4.4.0 – thick client) left join query from Jmeter
I run the same query from 3 to 5 parallel threads and I run into the following
error:

org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException:
org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: Could not find hash cache for
joinId: �l͖LW||. The cache might have expired and have been removed.
at
org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.HashJoinRegionScanner.<init>(HashJoinRegionScanner.java:96)
at
org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.GroupedAggregateRegionObserver.doPostScannerOpen(GroupedAggregateRegionObserver.java:149)
at
org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.BaseScannerRegionObserver.postScannerOpen(BaseScannerRegionObserver.java:177)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost$52.call(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1318)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost$RegionOperation.call(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1673)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.execOperation(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1748)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.execOperationWithResult(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1712)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.postScannerOpen(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1313)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.scan(RSRpcServices.java:2259)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:32205)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2114)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:101)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:130)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

When I increase the allocated heap in Jmeter from 4Gb for above to 6 Gb, I do
not get this error..
Also I have to allocate memory proportional to number of parallel threads I
run. Allocating more memory in the client application seems a costly option..
I tried increasing the phoenix.coprocessor.maxServerCacheTimeToLiveMs from 30
to 120 secs then I Stated getting

org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException:
org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: 89367ms passed since the last
invocation, timeout is currently set to 60000

Default phoenix client time out is 10 mins..

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Pradheep