Megan,

Not quite sure I understand your question. The queues are local to your client, not shared by anyone else. In other words, you're only competing against yourself (there's nothing to gain from changing priorities).

I'm surprised that you're seeing issues running such a simple query (select with single predicate). Can you share the updated error message you see, and your table's DDL statement? Perhaps the output of an EXPLAIN on your query, too?

On 6/2/17 4:47 PM, megan.mccla...@lamresearch.com wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  I did do the restarts and I just deleted and
re-added the jar in the Squirrel lib and it has now noticed the change!  So
thank you.  However, the error persists even with increases ThreadPoolSize and
QueueSize.  Could this be a queuing priority error?  Is there any way on the
client side to bump my tasks up in priority?

Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:els...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:30 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Phoenix driver query rejection - note change in config?

Hi Megan,

Did you happen to restart Squirrel and/or re-connect to Phoenix after making
the change? The steps you took (Squirrel, notwithstanding) should have
sufficiently fixed the issue you described.

Another sanity check would be to make sure your didn't have any mis-typing of
the configuration key in hbase-site.xml.