Hi Michael,

bq. "exact DDL" Does this mean including all qualifiers like
COMPRESSION='SNAPPY', SALT_BUCKETS=64, ... etc...? If we don't use the
exact DDL, will Phoenix not behave correctly?
 yes, Phoenix will not behave well if properties affecting the write path
are not consistent during the read time, SALT_BUCKETS=64 is an important
one.

bq.if we want to add or remove IMMUTABLE_ROWS=true from the CREATE
statement?
Yes, you can ignore IMMUTABLE_ROWS=true or alter table to mutable later.

{code}
ALTER TABLE table SET IMMUTABLE_ROWS=false
{code}

bq. Also, is it correct to assume that the "1 day less" timestamp is just
so we use a timestamp prior to the CurrentSCN?
Using CurrentSCN less than the oldest timestamp of data during DDL will
just avoid adding empty KV for each row. As you are renaming the existing
Phoenix table, these empty KV will already be there and you will just save
time by doing so.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal