There's also a much deeper integration between Phoenix + Drill (code named
Drillix) underway that should be possible to complete now that Apache Drill
is off of it's fork and on a later version of Apache Calcite. I'm hoping
that the output of this will be a Phoenix adapter in Drill. See
presentation here[1] and WIP code here[2].

Thanks,
James

[1] http://phoenix.apache.org/presentations/Drillix.pdf
[2] https://github.com/jacques-n/drill/tree/phoenix_plugin