The standard way of doing this is to add a TTL for your table [1]. You can
do this through the ALTER TABLE call [2]. Is the date/time column part of
your primary key? If so, you can improve performance by declaring this
column as a ROW_TIMESTAMP [3].

A view is not going to help you - it's not materialized.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/ttl.html
[2] https://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html#alter