You can extend/customize the PhoenixInputFormat with your own code to increase the number of InputSplits and Mappers.

On 1/30/19 6:43 AM, Edwin Litterst wrote:
Hi,
I am using PhoenixInputFormat as input source for mapreduce jobs.
The split count (which determines how many mappers are used for the job) is always equal to the number of regions of the table from where I select the input. Is there a way to increase the number of splits? My job is running too slow with only one mapper for every region.
(Increasing the number of regions is no option.)
regards,
Eddie