Hieu,

You're welcome to file a JIRA and submit a fix for the CDH branches
(4.14-cdh5.11, 4.x-cdh5.15, etc). I think while 4.x-HBase-1.2 is EOL, the
CDH branches are not. CDH 5.x is based on HBase-1.2, but it also contains a
concoction of 1.2.x, 1.3, 1.4 patches back-ported by Cloudera. (Thomas,
feel free to correct me if I misunderstood... but when we EOL'd HBase-1.2,
I was under the impression that the CDH branches will live on).