The technical details:

The plan is to ship the sqlline ubjerjar (sqlline provides an uberjar with
all of its own dependencies shaded in)
in the /lib directory, along with the log4j slf4j  backend jar.
sqlline.py and friends is to be updated to add those to the classpath.

Richard has this already up in https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/1239

--
*István Tóth* | Staff Software Engineer
st...@cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>