HBase 1.2.6 was just released recently, whether it is compatible or not,
tough to say without testing. What is your HBase create table statement? Is
your column family name 'name'? This works in HBase 1.1.2, didn't test with
1.2.x line yet.

A = LOAD 'hbase://table_name' USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.
HBaseStorage('cf:*', '-loadKey true') as (rowkey:bytearray);