Indeed. When loading Parquet using org.apache.parquet.pig.ParquetLoader(),
we're specifying the schema for which columns we want to load.

On 2/7/19, 5:14 PM, "Russell Jurney" <russell.jur...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Well, the obvious thing is to load only those columns you need. Just in
    case you’re not doing this.

    --
    Russell Jurney @rjurney <http://twitter.com/rjurney>
    russell.jur...@gmail.com LI <http://linkedin.com/in/russelljurney> FB