Greg--

>>most of these are long shots, as they only throw an unexpected NPE from
the
line you indicate when the input double is -Double.MIN_VALUE.  Probably not
very helpful.<<

This is exactly right. The error is in EDate.java which is calling
calendar.setTime(-1).

So, the workbook has a cell, Model!A4 which resolves to a -1 (but not null)
date. But, when EData calls getJavaDate(-1), that returns "nil" which is
then passed to calendar.setTime. I'm going to try to really simplify the
example, which...maybe is only incidental to conditional formatting? Or
there's something that the conditional formatting isn't catching that it
should?

--

*Blake Watson*

*PNMAC*