Hi everyone,

I was finally able to nail this issue(s) down and fix them. So in case
someone is struggeling with the same problems here is my solution:
The problem ist NOT caused by the apache-poi 3.17 library directly. Same
goes for the JDK9 thing.

It looks like Eclipse 4.7.2 has some problems with JDK9 compiler levels in
cause of overlapping errors (sorry don't know how to say this better in
english).
The actual problem was triggered through the update from v3.14 to 3.17
witch brought some API changes (especially all those migrations to the new
XXXType ENUMS like HyperLink, BorderStyle, FillPatternType, etc.).

My Project uses the apache POI library in two separate classes
(SwingWorkers) to read and/or write Excel documents.
One class was marked as contains errors by eclipse (that class from witch i
took the screenshots for the StackOverflow Post). The Second class did not
have any errors (in Eclipse).

After migrating the Errors in that one class based on the guide in the
Apache POI Changelogs those "cannot be resolved" import issues appeared.
The second class still had zero errors!

I found out about those additional errors in the second class only by
compiling the stuff by hand on the command line instead of from within
eclipse.
After fixing those parts (migrating from HyperLink.LINK_DOCUMENT to
HyperlinkType.DOCUMENT) the import issues in the other class disappeared!

So it looks like eclipse somehow messed up the imports / accessibility of
some classes of the library for the whole project because of a completly
other issue in another class of the project. Never had this kind of
problems before....

So thank you all for your time, hope this helps others with similar issues
:).

It was definitly NOT a direct problem of the apache poi 3.17 alongside with
jdk9!

Greetings,
Markus