On Sun, 20 Oct 2019, David Law wrote:
the Cells have no Format.  Take a look at the attached File, cell F10. Andreas tells me it was entered as 0.1066913 & that's how its displayed too, although it has no format.

Numeric cells have a default format if nothing else is applied, it could be that perhaps?

I know that David North did some work a few years ago on trying to understand + match the Excel floating point rules, it might be worth having a look at some of his mailing list posts for more details. He isn't involved much in POI at the moment (day job priority changes), but we can always ping him to chime in if needed!

Nick