I guess I don't understand what is not "good" about extra digits after the decimal point? You can round to whatever precision you choose. What if the user is using some tool to generate and insert the data and it divides 1 by 3 and gets 0.3333333333. You're going to make the user trim that manually to 0.333. That would not make me happy.