Have a look at the ES docs on their site. There are several ways, from sending
a JSON command to deleting the data directory depending on how clean you want
ES to be.

In general my opinion is that PIO is an integration framework for several
services and for the majority of applications you will not need to deal
directly with the services except for setup. This may be an exception. In all
cases you may find it best to seek guidance from the support communities or
docs of those services.

If you are sending a REST JSON command directive it would be as shown here:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/1.7/indices-delete-index.html

<https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/1.7/indices-delete-index.html>

$ curl -XDELETE 'http://localhost:9200/<index_name>/'

The Index name is named in the UR engine.json or in pio-env depending on which
index you want to delete.