Hi George,

This is unfortunately not possible now without modifying the source code,
but we are planning to refactor PredictionIO to be runtime-agnostic,
meaning the engine server would be independent and SparkContext would not
be created if not necessary.

We will start a discussion on the refactoring soon. You are very welcome to
add your input then, and any subsequent contribution would be highly
appreciated.

Regards,
Donald