If I am understanding the question correctly, you want to update backfill data
more frequently than a full model train (the CCO calculations). To do this you
can swap out your engine.json file and specify the engine to only calculate the
backfill data. This will update the existing model rather than replace it.
Details can be found in ActionML’s Advanced Tuning documentation
(http://actionml.com/docs/ur_advanced_tuning
<http://actionml.com/docs/ur_advanced_tuning>) under “Update the Popularity
Model Only”.

— Matthew Peychich