From: Donald Szeto <don...@apache.org>
Reply: user@predictionio.apache.org <user@predictionio.apache.org>
Date: August 29, 2020 at 3:45:04 PM
To: d...@predictionio.apache.org <d...@predictionio.apache.org>
Cc: user@predictionio.apache.org <user@predictionio.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: [DISCUSS] Dissolve Apache PredictionIO PMC and move project to
the Attic

It looks like there is no objection. I will start a vote shortly.

Regards,
Donald

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 1:17 PM Donald Szeto <don...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi all,

The Apache PredictionIO project had an amazing ride back in its early years.
Unfortunately, its momentum had declined, and its core technology had fallen
behind. Although we have received some appeal from the community to help bring
the project up to speed, the effort is not sufficient.

I think it is about time to archive the project. The proper way to do so is to
follow the Apache Attic process documented at
http://attic.apache.org/process.html. This discussion thread is the first step.
If there is no objection, it will be followed by a voting thread.

Existing users: This move should not impact existing functionality, as the
source code will still be available through the Apache Attic, in a read-only
state.

Thank you for your continued support over the years. The project would not be
possible without your help.

Regards,
Donald