PredictionIO only supports batch training of models. If you want online
training that updates models with every new input be aware that DL4J is not
fast enough to guarantee what some call “kappa” style online learning and PIO
does not directly support it.

One hack I have used with another online learning platform with a PIO template
is to put the algorithm code in an infinite loop, asking for new input
constantly, then training as it comes in.

There are some undocumented ways to hook into new input but they are
undocumented for a reason so I personally would not recommend them.

So you have 2 questions:
Do you need online realtime model updates or just train with every input
(neural nets are iterative with new input and so the later is my guess)
Are you able to modify the template code, the hack I mention will require a
template change, not a PIO change.