Downloading and building PIO is not sufficient to run it. You must also install
all of it’s dependencies, services like Spark, HDFS, …

The last concrete issue I saw from you was HDFS not running. PIO requires that
HDFS is running as well as the other services before you can start it.

to do anything with PIO. And remember that pio-start-all only starts some
services so I don’t rely on it. Start the services you need by hand, verfiy
they are working then start the pio EventServer. Continue from there.

At this point it might be better to wipe the machine and start over following
only one set of instructions. Stick with that one since there are so many ways
to configure PIO that switching between 2 install instructions will only
confuse things.