From:  Hafiz Mujadid <hafizmujadi...@gmail.com>
Date:  Monday, November 30, 2015 at 6:18 AM
To:  <user@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Group level permission are not working in ranger

Bosco,

By the way, i could not understand the reason to perform above steps, can you
explain them?

thanks

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Hafiz Mujadid <hafizmujadi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bosco,

I have followed above steps
drwxr-xr-x   - hduser hadoop          0 2015-11-30 18:49 /pg

changed the umask so newly created folder or files have following permissions
d---rwxrwx   - asma hadoop          0 2015-11-30 19:03 /pg/b
i changed the ownership of all folders in hdfs with hduser:hadoop

ran the command hdfs dfs -chmod -R 000 /pg
but still group level permissions are not working.

my audits are not working, i am trying to figure out the issue with audits. i
will let you know when audits are available.

thanks