On 8/30/06, Enrique Medina Montenegro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
BTW, from my understanding, whenever Shale inside an active dialog found an
outcome to another dialog, it should end the active dialog, and start the
new one.

Is this Shale behaviour?

<snip/>

This is currently not possible. It may be useful to take a quick look
at the DialogManagerFeature [1] wiki page, and the design of the
dialog2 API in sandbox [2] which is currently being discussed on the
dev list (please feel to join us there).

The dialog2 module already has some code in sandbox. If it comes out
of sandbox, it will be available in some later release of Shale.

dialog2 allows for programmatic entry into and exit from an instance
of a dialog. Thereby, it will be possible to wire a commandLink action
to a method that:
(a) Exits the current dialog instance, cleaning up elegantly
(b) Programmatically "invokes" another dialog and transits to its
first view state.
... to achieve the end effect that is desired here.

-Rahul

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/shale/DialogManagerFeature
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/sandbox/

Thanks.