The solution with metadata inheritance sounds very nice. It would fit
very well in the way things works now, if would prefer this way - but
maybe there are any drawbacks i don't see, but in my opinion,
inheritance for the view root would be fine.

Torsten

ps: I will try the workarounds and post if they work ( i guess they
do ).