On 1/1/07, Paul Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How do I load faces-config.xml when running a test based on
AbstractJsfTestCase?

My current testing manually adds the renderers during setUp().  This work,
but it has the
following drawbacks:

1) The association between a component and it renderer must be maintained
in more
    then one place.

2) Testing with more then one JSF Implementation is a lot of extra work.

Ideally I would like to instruct shale-test to load the implementation's
jsf configuration file, i.e. faces-config.xml.  How do I do this?

There is an outstanding Shale RFE for this feature already[1], and seeing
what you were doing kind of motivated me to start working on it a bit in
between plays in the football games today :-).  My thinking is to provide an
optional utility helper (based on Commons Digester) with a parse(URL) method
that you could call to register things like components, converters,
validators, renderkits, and renderers.  The parser would typically be called
during a setUp() method of a test case.

We'll still have an implementation-specific issue for dealing with the
registration of the standard components (since MyFaces and the RI use
different resource names), but that's probably something that can be
abstracted into a "get me the URL(s) of the standard component definitions"
method that could isolate the differences into one place.

Is this what you had in mind?

Paul Spencer

Craig

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-262