All I can say is that just because the amount of activity on Shale has slowed
down makes it necessary for for shale to dissolve,
  1. The amount of activity has no implication on the value or usefullness of
shale, it could be that we haven't caught on yet. For example REST, it recently
gaining traction when people saw its usefulness in web services.

  I will say let shale be let alone it's repository and if other projects like
myfaces or tiles wants a piece they can grab it and put it where it necessarily
fits, I will bet that, that was one of the reasons why shale is broken up into
pluggable pieces. I am now actually getting into this Java Web Development
stuff, coming from a business background and I bet that 10myears from now I
will be using Shale.

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

https://serenade.dev.java.net/