Hello Kent,

You can place a copy of jcl-over-slf4j as well as slf4j-api plus logback-core and logback-classic in your web-application's WEB-INF/lib folder. I would expect this combination to work well. Logs generated by Spring (using commons-logging) should be logged by logback.

I hope this helps,

Kent Larsson wrote:
Hi, I'm pretty new to logging, in fact I've only used logging before with log4j and never set it up myself. However there is a time to learn everything and I've looked around and think that SL4J with Logback as its back end will be a nice solution for us.

I have two important questions:

We use Tomcat 5.5.x and it comes bundled with JCL and there might be problems overriding that bundled JCL version, will it also stop SL4J from pretending to be JCL? (Reference: http://commons.apache.org/logging/troubleshooting.html#Apache%20Tomcat )

How can I check that Spring 2.5 is actually using SL4J? That is, how can I verify that logging is working as it should?

As Tomcat is quite popular, as is Spring, I hope there are some answers out there.

Thank you for reading! Have a nice day!

/ Kent

--
Ceki Gülcü