Yes, we are also facing same problem. The workaround we came up with is
- store the broadcast variable id when it was first created
- then create a scheduled job which runs every (spark.cleaner.ttl -
1minute) interval and creates the same broadcast variable using same id.
This way spark is happy finding same broadcast file (broadcast_<id>)
val httpBroadcastFactory = new HttpBroadcastFactory()
httpBroadcastFactory.newBroadcast(bcastVariable.value, false, id)
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Aaron Davidson <[email protected]> wrote:
> And to answer your original question, spark.cleaner.ttl is not safe for
> the exact reason you brought up. The PR Mark linked intends to provide a
> much cleaner (and safer) solution.
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Mark Hamstra <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Actually, TD's work-in-progress is probably more what you want:
>> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/126
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Michael Allman <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to run an iterative spark job that spills 1+ GB to disk
>>> per iteration on a system with limited disk space. I believe there's enough
>>> space if spark would clean up unused data from previous iterations, but as
>>> it stands the number of iterations I can run is limited by available disk
>>> space.
>>>
>>> I found a thread on the usage of spark.cleaner.ttl on the old Spark
>>> Users Google group here:
>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/spark-users/9ebKcNCDih4
>>>
>>> I think this setting may be what I'm looking for, however the cleaner
>>> seems to delete data that's still in use. The effect is I get bizarre
>>> exceptions from Spark complaining about missing broadcast data or
>>> ArrayIndexOutOfBounds. When is spark.cleaner.ttl safe to use? Is it
>>> supposed to delete in-use data or is this a bug/shortcoming?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
--
Sourav Chandra
Senior Software Engineer
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
[email protected]
o: +91 80 4121 8723
m: +91 988 699 3746
skype: sourav.chandra
Livestream
"Ajmera Summit", First Floor, #3/D, 68 Ward, 3rd Cross, 7th C Main, 3rd
Block, Koramangala Industrial Area,
Bangalore 560034
www.livestream.com