Hi Sean,
  Yeah.. I am seeing erros across all repos and yepp.. this error is mainly
because of connectivity issue...
How do I set up proxy.. I did set up proxy as suggested by Mayur:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dhttp.proxyHost=yourserver
-Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 -Dhttp.proxyUser=username
-Dhttp.proxyPassword=password"

How do I rectify this error. :(