@TD: I do not need multiple RDDs in a DStream in every batch. On the contrary
my logic would work fine if there is only 1 RDD. But then the description for
functions like reduce & count (Return a new DStream of single-element RDDs by
counting the number of elements in each RDD of the source DStream.) left me
confused whether I should account for the fact that a DStream can have multiple
RDDs. My streaming code processes a batch every hour. In the 2nd batch, i
checked that the DStream contains only 1 RDD, i.e. the 2nd batch's RDD. I
verified this using sysout in foreachRDD. Does that mean that the DStream will
always contain only 1 RDD ? Is there a way to access the RDD of the 1st batch
in the 2nd batch ? The 1st batch may contain some records which were not
relevant to the first batch and are to be processed in the 2nd batch. I know i
can use the sliding window mechanism of streaming, but if i'm not using it and
there is no way to access the previous
 batch's RDD, then it means that functions like count will always return a
DStream containing only 1 RDD, am i correct ?

@Pascal, yes your answer resolves my question partially, but the other part of
the question(which i've clarified in above paragraph) still remains.

Thanks for your answers !

Regards,
Sanjay

On Thursday, 20 March 2014 1:27 PM, Pascal Voitot Dev