Niko,

Comparing some other components will be very useful as well....svd++ from
graphx vs the same algorithm in graphlab....also mllib.recommendation.als
implicit/explicit compared to the collaborative filtering toolkit in
graphlab...

To stress test what's the biggest sparse dataset that you have in mind ?