reopen this thread because i encounter this problem again.
Here is my env:
scala 2.10.3 s
spark 0.9.0    tandalone mode
shark 0.9.0    downlaod the source code and build by myself
hive hive-shark-0.11
I have copied hive-site.xml from my hadoop cluster , it's hive version is
0.12,  after copied , i deleted some attributes from hive-site.xml

When run select count(*) from xxx, no resut and no errors output.

Can someone give me some suggestions to debug ?