Sung Hwan, strictly speaking, RDDs are immutable, so the canonical way to
get what you want is to transform to another RDD. But you might look at
MutablePair (
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/60abc252545ec7a5d59957a32e764cd18f6c16b4/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/util/MutablePair.scala)
to see if the semantics meet your needs.

Alternatively you can consider:

   1. Build & provide a fast lookup service that stores and returns the
   mutable information keyed by the RDD row IDs, or
   2. Use DDF (Distributed DataFrame) which we'll make available in the
   near future, which will give you fully mutable-row table semantics.

--
Christopher T. Nguyen
Co-founder & CEO, Adatao <http://adatao.com>